In speaking part one of the First Certificate B2, the interlocutor will ask you questions in a type of interview. You, as the candidate, should give a 20-30 second answer in fluent and confident English. It is important to think about how the examiner is assessing you. The examiner will make a first impression of your pronunciation and English usage, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO GIVE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION! As the candidate, you need to think how to do this. Focus on B2 level grammar structures HERE and vocabulary HERE that will make you stand out from the crowd, and thus, demonstrate a B2 level.
Example FCE (B2) questions:
Do you work or are you a student?
Well, a bit of both really. I am currently working in an office as an administrator, but I also learn English in my free time. I go to a private language school 3 times a week and hope that it will help me get a better job in the future. When I finally pass the First Certificate, I´ll apply for a job with the government.
- Where are you from?
- What do you do for a living?
- What´s the best part about your job?
- How long have you been learning English?
- Will you use English on a daily basis in the future?
- Do you have any special hobbies?
- What are you into doing in your leisure time?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- What are you interested in learning about?
- Have you ever lived abroad? Why/why not?