Fill in the gaps with 1-3 word so both sentences mean the same thing:
- I succeeded in reaching the mountain´s summit.
I managed ________ the top of the mountain.
- I would like to work as a teacher.
I would be really happy ___________ a teacher.
- Would you mind helping out with my homework tonight?
Will you ________ with my homework tonight?
- He said he would not help me.
He __________ to help me.
- They said that they didn´t have anything to do with the crime.
They _______ being involved in the crime.
- You ought to tell me the truth.
It would be ____________ to tell me the truth.
- He has a keen interest in wildlife.
He is really ____________ wildlife.
- I would be angry if I discovered that he did it.
I would be angry if I found ________ that he did it.
- Can you pick me up from the airport on Monday morning?
Would you be able to _________ me from the airport on Monday morning?
- “Do you want to make up? He asked after the argument.
After the argument he asked if I wanted _________ peace.
- He would always wear a suit to work on Thursdays.
He always _________ to wear a suit to work on Thursdays.
- I can´t wait to see you next week dad.
Dad and I were excited about seeing each _______.
- He always talks alone while he is studying.
He always talks to __________ while he is studying.
- Do you have a good relationship with your teachers?
Do you ________ on with your teachers well?
- I can´t wait to see all of the sights that the city has to offer.
I am looking forward to ___________ the city and sights.
- I became annoyed about the waiter´s mistake.
The waiter made a mistake and I___________ really angry.
- I will do all my homework if I have time available.
I won´t do my homework ________ I have time to do it.
- Unless you get here on time, you won´t get to buy popcorn.
__________ not arrive on time, you will not be able to buy popcorn.
- I could learn German fluently if I lived in Cologne.
I __________ be able to learn German well if I resided in Cologne.
- I should learn more about the conditional tenses.
I would learn the conditionals better if I __________.
DOWNLOAD THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS HERE