Fill in the gaps with the correct option, A-D:
__C__ (0) are 6,500 spoken languages on planet earth and that is just taking _____ (1) account the spoken languages in this day and age. If we look back across time, we _____ (2) encounter an endless list of languages and dialects. Having said that, what is most concerning is that there are many minority languages that are at risk _____ (3) dying out. This is because over 2000 of these said minority languages have fewer _____ (4) 1000 speakers living today.
What many of you might be saying to yourselves is; what is the point _____ (5) keeping these languages “alive”? A language is one of the most complex art _____ (6) that exist. It encapsulates the whole culture, history and background of a people and compiles it into a useful working entity that is _____ (7) evolving with its use. If we lose a minority language, in reality what we are _____ (8) is history. And that is a sad day for humanity.
Choose the best of the 4 options:
0. A. . This B. They C. There D. We
- A. out B. for C. with D. into
- A. cannot B. should C. can D. must
- A. at B. in C. on D. of
- A. than B. as C. of D. like
- A. for B. in C. at D. over
- A. concepts B. forms C. methods D. ways
- A. ever B. shortly C. rarely D. constantly
- A. losing B. missing C. taking D. wasting
DOWNLOAD THIS TEXT WITH ANSWERS IN PDF HERE