Food and your diet is a high frequency topic in all B2 level English exams, and especially in the FCE Cambridge exam. You need to be able to speak about your eating habits, and also your past habits or future plans. You should be able to give your opinion about food and relate it to topics such as free time, health or travel.
DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS WITH A PARTNER
- How often do you go out to eat?
- Would you say that you have too much sugar in your diet?
- How much alcohol do you drink per week?
- When was the last time you ate in a restaurant?
- Have you ever been on a diet?
- Would you ever eat in a restaurant alone?
- Do you enjoy doing the food shopping?
- Would you ever consider becoming a vegetarian?
- Do you tend to follow a healthy diet?
- What is your favourite food and why?
- Do you prefer eating out in a restaurant or eating at home?
- Do you eat out often with your friends?
- If you meet your family for a special occasion, do you generally go to a restaurant or eat at home?
- How many meals a day do you normally have?
- Would you say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day?