For all advanced English exams you might be asked about money and how you handle it. You need to be able to express your opinion and experiences with it. You should link the topic to work, free time, shopping and even travel to make it a more interesting topic.
DISCUSS THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT MONEY AND FINANCE WITH YOUR LANGUAGE LEARNING PARTNER
- Do you think that money can buy you happiness?
- How far do you agree with the opinion that “money makes the world go round”?
- Do you find it a tough task to manage your money?
- Why do so many people have money problems nowadays?
- Is our overly consumerist society concerning?
- Do you think that standard of living has gone up since the financial recession?
- Would you say that people who acquire large amounts of debt are reckless?
- What are good ways of investing money?
- What is the most effective way of saving money?
- When was the last time you spent an arm and a leg?
- How often do you save money?
- If you were to come into a lot of money, what would you do with it?
- Do most people find it difficult to handle large sums of money?
- If you a short of money, what do you normally do?
- Have you ever gone through a period in which you found it hard to make ends meet?